If you wish to change your or your child’s legal name, you can join the hundreds of thousands of people who have used the Deed Poll process over the past 150 years.
We are the UK’s main and most experienced issuer of Deed Poll documentation, having issued over 700,000 Deed Polls. What’s more, we’re committed to providing a fast and professional service that is second to none. But don’t just take our word for it. To read our many testimonials click here and to see articles about us in the national press and television click here.
Using our confidential service, you can legally and officially change any part or all of your name. You can change your forenames, surname (or both), add names, remove names, change the spelling of your names or rearrange your existing names.
Our Deed Polls are guaranteed to be accepted by all UK government departments, companies and organisations enabling you to get all your official documents and records changed to your new name including your passport, driving licence, bank and building society accounts, credit cards, medical, tax and National Insurance records etc.*
However, should you wish to consider making your name change public record by enrolling (registering) your Deed Poll with the government’s Ministry of Justice, to whom we are not affiliated, please read our article on the subject by clicking here. The article shows the advantages of using our service are as follows:
- Anyone living in the United Kingdom can apply to us regardless of nationality and country of birth. British citizens living overseas can also apply.
- If you are separated and wish to revert to your maiden name, we do not require your husband’s written consent.
- Our service is confidential so we will not make your personal details available to the public.
- We do not require someone to confirm your identity who has known you for at least 10 years and owns property in the UK.
- You can have your Deed Poll documentation posted to you as soon as the same day you apply for next working day delivery.
- Our fee is considerably lower than the fees payable to the Ministry of Justice and a solicitor.
We have made our service as quick and simple as possible and there are four ways you can apply. You can apply by post, by phone or online, in which case your Deed Poll documentation will be delivered to your door using your chosen delivery service. You can also apply in person at our offices in Freebournes Court, Witham, Essex and use our Premium service, where we will issue your Deed Poll documentation within the hour.
We invite you to click on the links on the left side of this page to read our informative articles about changing your name. If after reading our articles you have any unanswered questions, please email us.